Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tattoos

I have tattoos. Six, currently. They all mean something to me, and I find them all to be attractive. Not everyone agrees. In fact, what is probably my favorite tattoo I am constantly told by others that it is 'ugly'. Which I find rather insulting. I mean, who are they to judge? The majority of the time, the opinion of said people was not solicited.

My tattoos are a part of who I am. Once they were inked onto my body, they became a part of my body. Telling me that they are ugly is just the same as telling me that I have an ugly nose or weird looking ears. Only worse, because they are something I consciously chose to put on my body and put thought into what they are and where they are placed. Not to mention the meaning behind them.

Furthermore, I really am perplexed by the question 'what do you think those are going to look like when you're older'. The answer is obvious. Awesome. Wrinkled, but awesome. What really, really, REALLY gets me though, is when people tell me that I have ruined myself. My tattoos are GORGEOUS. They are works of art, and my skin is the canvas. These people need to just stuff it. I mean, I actually had one person in the same breath tell me that I ruined myself and that she thought the tattoo was really pretty. Seriously?

*~*Tabby Marie*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment