Sunday, January 6, 2013

Failure

So I didn't blog yesterday. I've decided to amend my original objective instead of throwing in the towel and marking Project 365 as a failure. Since I am looking at this as a job in a way, even though I don't actually get paid for doing it, I am going to allow myself a day off a week. I think that that is fair.

I think that there is an epidemic of not knowing when to declare failure. It seems like people tend to either do it prematurely, or are completely blind to the point where they should move on. It's a though thing to recognize, for sure.

If I had chosen to just scrap the project because I missed one day, then I feel like I would have been doing so incredibly prematurely and doing a severe injustice to myself. Now, If I had missed several days and felt like doing this was a chore, then it would probably have been time to throw in the towel.

In closure, when you feel like declaring failure, think about it first. Are you just taking the easy way out? Are you letting one setback discourage you? Will you be better off doing so, or continuing on? On the flip side, if you are continuing on with something after difficulties, is it the best thing to do? Are you doing so just because you are stubborn? Do just not want to admit failure? Would it be better to move on to something else? Just think about it!

*~*Tabby Marie*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment