Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cut for Beiber!

Apparently there is a trend among Beliebers where girls are cutting themselves, taking pictures, then posting said pictures on Twitter and other social media because Justin Beiber smoked pot. They seem to believe that he will refrain from doing so to keep them from cutting themselves. Newsflash: It won't!

The most that is going to happen is that the fans who are doing this will find themselves in the mental hospital for a mandatory 72 hour stay. Although, I think they should probably be kept longer when they confess their reasons for cutting themselves. I find this trend to be incredibly disturbing. There is NO reason to encourage other people to cut themselves in any way, and it is an incredibly disturbed individual who would do so.

A little personal history here: I myself am a cutter. I have been since I was teenager. It is not something that I am proud of, and it is not something which I advertise. I don't try to really hide it anymore, but then, I don't really do it anymore. Not that I haven't had an episode here and there, I have, but that is beside the point. I have NEVER said to anyone in any way shape or form Do X or I will cut myself. Never. I find the notion itself to be repugnant. It really bothers me that cutting seems to have become cool or trendy somehow in general. It really, really isn't and I wish every day of my life that I never got the urge to do it. I don't even really want to do it when I am in the process of doing it.

Cutting is not cool. It is not a tool to use against others. It is a sign of a mental/emotional instability and people who do it need professional help. The people who are making it cool or trendy are lessening the perceived seriousness of the act making it more difficult for people who really need it to get the help that they need, and that, my dear readers, is an absolute tragedy.

*~*Tabby Marie*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment