Friday, January 4, 2013

Presentation

I'm going to risk sounding like a snob, here. It droves me absolutely insane when people don't even attempt to use proper English. Saying to me 'i hope u get 2 filling batter' brings to mind images of baking rather than the sentiment that you hope I feel better. It's admittedly a bit hysterical, but I just can't stand the blatant abuse of language. 

I'm not saying that people should use perfect grammar all the time. I understand that that is a ridiculous expectation and a standard to which I don't expect myself or anyone else to meet. I'm just asking for some effort. Capitalize I, spell out to, you, and are, know the difference between your and you're, know the difference between they're, their, and there, and make use of your spell check. Nearly every browser and phone has it, it's not that hard to use. When you don't make use of these things, it makes you look careless, like you don't care, and like you have no respect for yourself or the people that you are talking to. 

Then there are the people that think typing in an 'alternate' manner is cute. It's NOT. It's annoying and obnoxious. ThIs DoEs NoT mAkE yOu CoOl, Nor Does Capitalizing Every Word, and neither does typing in ALL CAPITALS. Please, just stop. Have some class and self respect. Present yourself to the world as an intelligent human being with respect for others. Make an effort, it can make all the difference.

*~*Tabby Marie*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment