Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Confession

I have a confession. I have an obsession with Craigslist. Specifically the 'Free' section. Every couple of days I scroll through the free section from all nearby areas. I find it absolutely fascinating the things that people are giving away. Somethings are useful, other things, not so much.

For example, today, just in one area we have FCAT books and encyclopedia's, a queen size water bed mattress, someone looking for old windows or clear plastic to make a greenhouse, and lab mix puppies. Another area nearby boasts a fitness video, clothing, Sego Palms (dig them up, and they're yours!), a washer that doesn't spin, moving boxes (frequently seen), a player piano, and a DVD remote.

I reluctantly admit to finding myself spending hours clicking through the posts. It makes me both happy and sad that I don't own a pick up truck. The things that I would pick up. One of my favorites that pops up from time to time is above ground swimming pools. Disassemble it and it yours, they almost always say. Cheap entertainment, and sometimes, you actually find something useful! A word to the wise, though, if you are putting up a craigslist ad, pictures are pretty much a requirement, otherwise, it is assumed that your item is complete garbage and will be skipped over.

*~*Tabby Marie*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment